QS Virtual Connect
Our award-winning online connect events (winner of the 2020 'Evolution of Business' Zoomtopia Award) are your chance to network with admissions teams from all over the world. Get matched with leading universities and business schools for interactive sessions over Zoom – an excellent way to work out the next step for your studies and career. We offer this as standalone QS Connect events, or as part of our online fairs.
How it works
- Sign up to the event with your CV
- We'll match you with universities, business schools or grad schools and recommend you for online sessions
- You'll be sent invites over email
- Accept your favourite invitations and we'll book your meetings over Zoom
- You'll be sent a personal schedule of Zoom meeting links for the day
For the best experience
- Arrive a few minutes early, there will be a Zoom waiting room for each meeting
- Research the attending universities or business schools beforehand
- Take a look at our Networking help
The technical side
- Use your laptop or PC, though your mobile can work
- We recommend strong Wi-Fi
- For the best experience, download Zoom beforehand
What to expect
Attend 25-minute networking sessions with admissions teams over Zoom. You'll need to send your CV before the event and accept your meeting invites. It's a fantastic way to explore your global higher education opportunities from home.
As an event attendee, you'll be eligible to apply for our exclusive QS World Merit Scholarships worth $45K overall.
Discuss your career plans over your online networking sessions, plus some of our events offer the chance to arrange a free follow up CV review with an expert recruiter.
Got any questions?
Avoid those technical difficulties and have the best event experience on the day.
Can I use my phone?
We strongly recommend that you use a laptop or desktop computer to get the full experience, but you can use your phone.
Do I need to use my camera?
You don’t have to, but we highly recommend it for the most interactive networking experience.
What do I need to wear?
There’s no dress code, but we recommend business casual (even from home) to make a good first impression.
How do I join my meetings?
We’ll email you a schedule of Zoom meetings links, just follow each one a few minutes before the meeting start time.
We've put together a few questions to help you during networking sessions so you can easily narrow down which programme is for you.
What are the most common industries that graduates from your MBA or master’s programme pursue? What have graduates gone on to accomplish and where? What are the networking benefits for alumni? Ask about the university’s career centre and how they nurture relationships with employers.
Asking about their programme is the best way to find out if it's a good fit for you.
Universities and business schools are interested in students that offer additional value to their classrooms, besides fulfilling the admissions criteria. Find out what you’ll need to make your application stand out.
Do they ask for essays, entrance exams, interviews or something more? Knowing what you’ll need to apply will help you play to your strengths.