The University of Reading School of Law is ranked 10th in the UK for research intensity with 100% of our research judged to be world leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised. (Latest Research Excellence Framework, REF 2014)
According to the latest Graduate Outcomes Survey, 95% of law graduates are in work and/or study 15 months after the end of their course.
You will be taught by staff who work on cutting-edge research, contribute to leading publications, receive international awards and grants for their research, and have a direct effect on policy and practice.
Alongside your core subjects, our students have experienced career development and co-curricular opportunities and a series of guest lectures by practitioners. All our programmes offer you networking, conference and mooting opportunities.
Graduates from our LLM programmes have gone on to work for a range of national and international law firms, as lawyers and in-house legal counsels for large multinational companies in the UK and abroad, as well as international organisations and NGOs.
Global and International Law Programmes
We provide specialised LLM programmes that underpin the relationship between legal systems and the legal regulation of human rights, war, refugee movements, trans border migration, interstate trade and other areas of global governance:
- LLM Advanced Legal Studies
- LLM Human Rights
- LLM International Law – with pathways in Conflict, Development and Transnational Law
- LLM/MSc Global Crisis, Conflict and Disaster Management
International Commercial Law Programmes
Offered in conjunction with the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Centre of the Henley Business School, our programmes allow you to tailor your studies to help you acquire a unique legal and multidisciplinary perspective of commercial law issues and specialise in an area of interest:
- LLM International Commercial Law: with pathways in Corporate Finance, Banking Law and Financial Regulation, Insolvency and Corporate Rescue, Arbitration, Competition Law and Regulation, IP Law and Management, IT Law and Commerce, Oil & Gas Law, Energy Law and Natural Resources, International Economic Law
- MSc Oil & Gas
Postgraduate Research Programmes
Our research programmes aim to provide you with an advanced set of skills that will serve you well within legal research or a wide range of other careers:
- MA by Research in Legal History
- MRes Law
- MRes Law and Society